\ˈre-və-rē-əns, ˈrev-rē-əns\ the state or condition of being lost in thought
So, I’m working on my dissertation. And because every article is more interesting than the topic I’m supposed to be researching, I stumble upon this article: Aromas of rosemary and lavender essential oils differentially affect cognition and mood in healthy adults
Essentially “We had some herb correspondences and we wanted to test them and surprise they’re probably true!”
It’s science! And magic. Magic and science and magical science!
Why the hell is that one post getting so many notes?
Oh, because someone erased all the text that went with the photo?
How nice of them
If you’re anything like me, you have times where friendships fray and fall apart. Sometimes it’s just meant to happen. But sometimes it’s a problem that could pretty easily be mended with a little humility and forgiveness.
You will need:
- A candle. Indigo preferably as this color targets the mind and increases willingness for forgiveness, or green because it targets the heart as well as facilitates feelings of forgiveness. (but any color will do if you’re short on options)
- A picture of the friend or a sacred object they have given you
- Sage incense (this is optional, I understand not everyone has access to it)
- A small box you can keep around for when you need it.
Before you perform your spell, be sure to get yourself in the right frame of mind. Drink some tea, take a bath, do some meditation. Whatever you need to feel pure in your intent to put the broken friendship back together. If the emotions are still very fresh and you find yourself unable to bring yourself to center, I recommend doing a purification or calming spell first.
- Take a white candle (or any color you have as previously established) and light it
- Cut thin strips of paper and write out all of the feelings you have that are negative about your friendship. Any hurts, any anger, etc.
- Burn each piece of paper in a fire safe tin and as you do, try your best to let the emotions resolve themselves.
If this is a struggle, that is okay. Friendships are emotional things, so take as much time as you need before you feel you are ready to try and put things back together.
Once you are in the right frame of mind, focus on the sacred object or their picture and write out on a few strips of paper all of the good things you miss from your friendship. Reflect on the reasons behind why it fell apart and why you want it back together. Does this person always listen when you need them? Do they make you smile when few others can? While it is not essential to focus on just the positives, it will help with your forgiveness if you remember why you loved the friend so much in the first place.
- Light your indigo/green candle and take the sacred object or picture in your hands
- Read off the strips to yourself and let the love/ fondness you feel for your friend settle around you.
- Each time you finish reading a strip, fold it carefully and place it in the box
- Repeat for the rest of the strips and close the box when you are done.
- Light your sage incense (optional), and carefully hold the box over the smoke to purify your resolve. (Not ON the actual burning object, please use caution)
When you have finished purifying the box, hold it carefully in your hands and say the words:
“Our fate is changed. I’ve looked inside. Mend the bond we tore with pride.”
Extinguish your candle and place the box in a place where it will be safe. If you are feeling up to it, call your friend and try and work things out as best you can. ~by Darkling Mod
If the Ragna’s a rökin, don’t come a’knockin!
Well I am back on tumblr. I reluctantly deleted the old one because my school found out EVERYTHING I posted on there. I don’t know how they found my tumblr. But I think they must have connected the dots and started with my instagram which I also had to delete but recently reestablished. However I am thinking about also making a second Instagram where I am more open about stuff like my bisexuality and witchyness among everything. My worst fear was that those two secrets would be revealed and now that the I am out of both closets I have nothing to lose. So it took almost a year for witch4yeshua to get to where it was and I hope thats not the same for this one. I would like to reconnect with you guys again. So please feel free to follow. :)
I was JUST wondering yesterday where you were! That’s always been one of my fears, since I’m at a Christian college. Sorry it happened to you.
Missed you on my dash, glad your back.